Zapier helps connect apps you use every day (gmail, calendar, google docs, wheelbase etc) to automate work flows. If you're new to Zapier, we highly encourage checking out their website.
Wheelbase provides the API token to connect to Zapier. You can access your API key here. Creating, setting up, and managing zaps would be done through your Zapier account and supported by Zapier's team.
How do I set up Zapier?
- Go to Account Settings in Wheelbase
- Select the API Keys tab
- Select the Create Zapier Account button
- This takes you to Zapier with an invite to use the Wheelbase integration
- Create a Zapier account
- Create zaps, when it asks for keys, use the New API Key in your API Keys tab to generate a key that you'll copy and paste into your Zaps
How do I get help creating a zap?
This would be supported by the Zapier Help Team. Wheelbase does not provide direct support for your Zapier account.
What trigger events are available?
New or Updated Reservation: notifies your Zap when a new reservation is created or when a reservation's status changed
New Customer: notifies your Zap when a new customer is created
New Rental: notifies your Zap when a new rental vehicle is created
New Message: notifies your Zap when a new message is created
How to create a basic Zap?
To create your fist Zap, go to your main Zapier Dashboard, its the fist page you land on when you login to your Zapier account. Zapier gives you a couple of pre-made, common zaps but we want to create one from scratch.
- Select the search for an app field and start typing Wheelbase. It will give you an option to select the Wheelbase logo
- In the field on the right type in the app you want to transfer the Wheelbase information to. Google Sheets as an example
- a new field will show up where you can select triggers for Wheelbase and what this needs to do with your Google sheet
- Wheelbase triggers are
- New Messages
- New Customers
- New Rentals
- New or Updated Reservations
In the example a new or updated reservation in Wheelbase will trigger a new column in our spreadsheet
- Once done click the button try it
- it will guide you to a edit page where you can define your Wheelbase account and set more specific triggers