The grouping tool of Wheelbase allows you to group together identical vehicles into one listing (like how you'd add a bunch of similar files into one folder on your computer).
Vehicles in a group will
- Share one listing in all customer-facing platforms (website, Outdoorsy, etc). The listing will be the Parent vehicle's listing.(the parent is the original, or master vehicle)
- Share vehicle description, photos, pricing and coverage settings
- Quotes are spread across grouped vehicles evenly, no more expiring quotes when one of the units is booked (availability for that listing will show available until all the vehicles in that group are unavailable on that date).
- All be managed under the Parent Vehicle in Wheelbase
- Grouped vehicles can be added/removed at any time, however the parent vehicle cannot be removed from the group. You would need to fully ungroup all vehicles and then re-group.
How to Create a Group
To group a vehicle, start with the vehicle you want to be the parent vehicle. This means that any edits made to the parent vehicle will adjust any vehicles attached to that grouping.
To attach a vehicle to the primary vehicle
- navigate to parent vehicles page
- select the Overview tab
- select New Vehicle on the vehicle overview page
- You can move an existing vehicle to the group by selecting from the drop down menu
- Or you can create a new vehicle by clicking the blue create a new vehicle link
- Click the green publish button to publish the new child vehicle
How to remove vehicles from a group
Once you've added vehicles to a group, they can be removed by selecting the edit wheel.
Making a quote/reservation for grouped vehicles:
- Customer bookings that are created on your website, (through the group's first shared listing) will auto-assign to the vehicle in the group with the best availability.
- When you start creating a quote on your Wheelbase dashboard, you have the option to check "auto assign to any rental in the group" or deselect it, to keep that quote on that specific vehicle.
What is a Parent vehicle?
The Parent vehicle is the master of the group, all the other vehicles will use the information and details of the Parent (price, description, photos, insurance) so make sure they are indeed all the same!
What is a Child vehicle?
The Children vehicles are the members of the group, who all copy the information of the Parent vehicle. The children vehicle will have their own availability, but bookings created online by your customers will auto-assign to the children vehicles until all the availabilities are filled up.
How can you tell if vehicles are in a group?
- Vehicle groups will be identified with a square logo in front of the location name in the vehicle tab
- When you click on the parent vehicle, you'll see the other vehicles listed in the grouping section of the overview tab
- The children vehicle will not be displayed in the vehicles menu unless you select the checkbox Include Children Vehicle. You'll then see that a vehicle "is a child of ____"