Learn how to add vehicles, edit their information, and set up the default settings on a per vehicle basis
Adding a Vehicle
- Navigate to the Vehicles tab in the main menu on the left
- On the vehicles page select Add new vehicle button in the upper right corner
- You will be prompted to fill in all of the pertinent details about the unit, complete the fields and save by select Create Vehicle
- Location: select the location form the drop down, if you have not set up your location yous should do that now. Click the blue Edit Location link to navigate to your location settings
- Type: Select a type from the drop down menu. If your are not sure if any of these types fit check with the Support team for the best choice and coverage options. Note that Wheelbase and Outdoorsy cannot offer any coverage for rentals that are marked with the type Other
- Make and Model: Select from the drop down or type in the exact name of the make and model. The system will add it to the drop down list
Next we want to set the rental base price, security deposit, prep fee, vehicle description and more.
After creating a vehicle you will land on the vehicle page. From there you will have a menu bar with multiple setting tabs.
In Vehicle Settings you can build upon your default settings created in your account settings and Reservation Preferences.
Prices: Here you can adjust your vehicle's pricing, security deposit, prep fee, override account cancellation policy, tax rate, reservation deposit amounts, turnaround time and set which delivery and milage fees the vehicle should use.
Add-ons: If you have a specific add-on that is only available for a specific unit, please use this feature to add it to the correct unit.
Checkout Questions: Similar to add-ons above, this is where you would go to add any vehicle specific checkout questions. Example being a towable unit. You may want to add a checkout question for this unit that asks “What vehicle will you be using to tow this trailer?”
How Do I Change the Listing Details (Highlights & Description) for my vehicles?
Vehicle listings, on Outdoorsy.com and Wheelbase integrations on dealer websites, prominently display text beneath the listing photos. This text is pulled from the Highlights and Description fields from the vehicle details tab.
How to edit highlights and description
- Go to vehicles in the main menu
- Select the vehicle name
- Go to the details tab
- Scroll to the bottom
- Edit/add text in the description field
- The highlight field is optional and will only show on your iframe but not on Outdoorsy
- Save Changes