Electronic Signature applies a guests signature to the electronic reservation receipt and any attached documents. By signing, guests agree to all the documents that are attached.
$1 per signature*, this will be deducted from the deposit to your bank account as a Wheelbase Fee Payment on the Transaction Log.
Non-US users, the cost is 1 of your local currency (1 CAD, 1 GBP, 1 AUD, 1 EUR)
*if you change the booking after the guest signed it already, the system will let you regenerate the documents. The guest can then sign the updated documents. It will count as a second signature and would cost another $1
Renters will be prompted onscreen to review and sign documents right after booking confirmation
- If they do not sign at the time of booking confirmation, guests will receive an email from the system with the documents to review and sign 7 days prior to departure
- The Electronic Signatures field on your reservation page in Wheelbase will remain red and show "Not Completed" until the guest signs the documents.
- You can manually send reminders by selecting the "Send Reminder" button
- if you are updating the reservation after the guest signed, a yellow button will give you the option to regenerate the Electronic Signature. Once you clicked that the electronic signature status will fall back to "Not Completed"
- Once signed, the Electronic Signatures field on your reservation page in Wheelbase will turn green and show "Completed"
Enabling Electronic Signatures
- Find Electronic Signatures under Premium Services
- Select ON under Electronic Signature and SAVE
- Navigate to Policies and Documents, and click checkbox "Include in eSign Document" (documents must be in PDF format)
- Save changes
Once "Include in eSign" is checked, your attachment will be added to the receipt of the reservation which the guests will sign. The signature on the face page agrees to all attached contracts with the receipt.
- Video_checkout flow (go to min2.30 to see the online e-signature flow)