It was great to have Kari and Cayla from the claims team join us on the call today. So much of what was covered is crucial to keep in mind with respect to processes.
What processes do you currently have in place to mitigate claims? Are you taking the necessary steps to ensure the best outcome for your business when claims are submitted?
We'll be sharing some key points and takeaways from the presentation below. For those of you reading that weren't in attendance, we encourage you to have a listen here.
Protection Package Details
Keep in mind that details and inclusions will differ for Outdoorsy vs. Direct guests. Is there an opportunity for you to be more transparent? Rules of the Road is a great tool to include pertinent information such as deductibles associated with your rigs.
Departure & Return Expectations
- 90 day inspection complete/up to date
- vehicle approved for coverage
- thorough inspection, including comprehensive photos uploaded
- keys handed to a verified driver
thorough inspection, including comprehensive photos uploaded
- if there is damage:
- clear damage photos
- file a claim
- proof of ownership and/or 'direction to pay'
Peer to Peer Marketplace (two insureds)
We are different in that we must advocate for both parties (Host and Guest) when a claim arises. Remaining impartial and unbiased is very important for us, and should also be important for you.
*Our Claims team must investigate claims on their own merit and remain unbiased and evidence-based
What 'Physical Damage' is covered by Outdoorsy?
Backup accidents / Vandalism / Fires / Stolen RV / Power Surge / Earthquakes / Fallen Trees / Windstorms / Hailstorms / Animal Impact
What is not covered by Outdoorsy?
Wear and Tear
- dents, dings, scratches less than 4 inches (excluding windshields)
- weathering to awning fabric
- tire sidewall cracks or deprecated tread
- windshield cracks originating from a neglected chip
- damages caused by weathering and age
- peeling or nicks to window tint
- Awnings/Tires/Slideouts - unless direct result of Comp or Collision loss
- Loss of Use - personal use or upcoming scheduled rentals
- Outside of the booking period - Damages that occur outside of a booking period or that cannot be confirmed as occurring during the booking period
Other exclusions include: traveling into Mexico, interior damage, damage caused by an unverified driver or resulting from off-roading
Additional Things to Note
Class A deductibles have changed for Outdoorsy guests. This will not impact the dealer deductible, but should be noted for accurate guest education.
Loss history reviews are occasionally completed and may impact underwriting for your policies and coverage in the future.
Burning Man Coverage
- Unauthorized festival under Outdoorsy Terms
- No coverage on the festival ground or for festival-related damage
- Liability only coverage to and from the festival
- no 'physical damage' coverage to rented RV
- state minimum liability
- Limited support for disputes
The Claims Process
- Filing a Claim
- Triage 'excess policy' / gathering information
- Confirming Coverage
- The Estimate
- Closing the loop
- Post claim follow up
(for more context/information on above please click here and start at 42:30)
How to Contact the Claims Team
For Existing Claims:
- Email is the primary method of communication for our team. You can respond to any email we send you once the claim is filed and the response should go straight to your claim file.
- To speak to a member of our Admin team you can call us at 855-441-2006 between 9-4:30 CT.
For General Claims Questions:
- General questions and Certificate of Liability requests can be emailed to email@example.com
We are committed to providing tools to ensure a smooth process. If you need additional education, please contact your CSM.