In this morning's webinar we focused on the sixth and final chapter (Magic of Integration) of Be Our Guest, and how putting together all of the content/puzzle pieces of the book can lead to the wow experience we're all working to deliver.
With safety being a focal point of the chapter, we also touched on the importance of effectively educating your guests.
Are there any processes you can integrate to attract, educate, and retain guests for your business moving forward?
IMG - Interior Damage Protection (exclusions)
Though there is a lot that this offering does cover (eg; broken appliances, damaged interior doors, stained bedding/linens), we wanted to share some notable exclusions. Incidents related to any of the points listed below are not covered:
- inclement Weather or Natural Disaster
- intentional acts by guest and/or their traveling companion(s)
- gross negligence, willful and wanton conduct by guest and/or their traveling companion(s)
- alcohol intoxication above the statutory legal limit as per applicable state law
- normal wear and tear
Additional IMG Note: mechanical breakdown of rented rig is not covered under the trip insurance/protection policy.
Excess Policy (creating transparency through 'rules of the road')
Including insurance details/fine print under 'rules of the road' is a great way to be transparent on a matter that can cause confusion and frustration.
Helpful Tips (to reduce claims)
Sharing below points is a great way to lower the chance of damage/claims. The more information your guests have prior to key exchange, the better!
Scraping RV Against Trees
- Tight squeeze? Take it slow, and be aware of what’s around you. Take wider turns, but be careful when you do.
Damage at the gas station
- Be cognizant/educate on height of rig, and watch out for those gas station poles.
Colliding with other vehicles
- Drive slowly and brake early. Utilize mirrors; check blind spots when switching lanes.
Weather damage to awning
- Always close awning before moderate weather, on windy days, when it’s not in use, and at night.
In the webinar we referenced an example where a host includes the following in their checkout questions:
- Pick up is 3pm and drop off time is 11am. I understand I will need approval to change these times
- I understand that I am responsible for bringing in the awning during rain, wind, or any other time I am sleeping or not with the camper. I understand that I am responsible for any damages that may happen to the awning during the rental
We wanted to share, as these questions address some common concerns head on. Could adding either/both of above serve your business well?
Additional note on checkout questions: guests are able to progress past 'required' questions by entering spaces in the blank field. We recommend presenting 'required' questions in multiple choice or 'yes/no' format where possible.
Wheelbase is a nuanced and ever evolving platform. As such, we encourage hosts to be cognizant and aware of system behaviour, particularly in cases where changes to settings (such as premium services, rules, or reservation preferences) have been implemented.
If you ever notice something that is not behaving as expected and/or having a negative impact on your business please make it a priority to share with our team so we can work to resolve and correct for you and other users potentially affected.
Rental Prep Report
When it comes to streamlining, this one can be a huge time saver - especially now in the summer months with multiple trips beginning and ending each day. If viewing any of below details 'at a glance' is helpful keep the 'rental prep report' in mind:
- guest name and phone number
- pick up and drop off addresses
view relevant booking notes that have been added
- any add ons that were purchased
As some of you may have noticed, we implemented two factor authentication earlier this month.
Our 'engineering' and 'trust & safety' teams are always working to ensure that the platform is safe and secure for all users.
Wheelbase Help Center (so much useful info)
We hope the information shared here is helpful. If you're looking to access any previous webinars or newsletters click on the 'Announcements & Updates' option from the Wheelbase Help Center home page.